1. Welcome to the Step Presentation of Recoveries Anonymous; the Solution Focused Twelve Step Fellowship.
2. R.A.'s Multilith Big Book contains the “clear-cut directions” for working the Twelve Steps. In it, the pioneers write that “To show other[s] PRECISELY HOW THEY CAN RECOVER is the main purpose of this book.”
3. R.A.’s Step Presentation has three parts:
• In Part 1, we go through R.A.'s Multilith Big Book, reading and discussing every paragraph and following every direction. This includes following the pioneers' “clear-cut directions” for doing the inventory described in R.A.'s Multilith Big Book. In R.A., we do this so that you can absorb as much of the program and philosophy as possible.
• Part 2 of R.A.'s Step Presentation is where we will formally go through Steps One through Eight. It's important to note that, in R.A., we do this the way Dr. Bob is described doing it in the story "He Sold Himself Short." This means that if possible, R.A. suggests you also go through Steps One through Eight in one session, as Dr. Bob is described doing it.
• Part 3 is a discussion of Steps Nine through Twelve. This will equip you to go out and work these steps in your life. In R.A., we do this by going through R.A.'s Multilith Big Book, reading and discussing every paragraph.
4. In R.A., we believe that the pioneers’ original “clear-cut directions” are easier to see in The Original Way Out Revealed: R.A.'s Annotated Multilith Big Book. Therefore, we suggest that you use it to go through R.A.’s Step Presentation. While it is theoretically possible to use A.A.’s Big Book, the changes made to its text make it harder to see the original “clear-cut directions.” R.A.’s Annotated Multilith Big Book is available on R.A.’s website at: www.R-A.org
5. The highlights, questions, and sharing used in R.A.’s Step Presentation have been chosen and edited by the Group Conscience of Recoveries Anonymous. R.A. is a fellowship of people who have recovered from their problems and behaviors as a result of following the pioneers’ original “clear-cut directions” to work all Twelve Steps of R.A.'s program of recovery.
6. During this presentation, there will be sections labeled “One of R.A.'s members shares.” These sections may contain concepts and experiences that, while helpful to many people, do not necessarily reflect the policy of the fellowship.
7. For this process to work, the first time you go through this presentation, you will need to read or listen to each page in order. Please do not skip a page, or go through them out of order!
8. The information on each page is based on the presumption that you have read, and understood, the information on the pages that came before!
9. If you need to stop at any point, we suggest that you write down the page and paragraph number where you are leaving off. You will then be able to pick up exactly where you left off from the index page.
10. In R.A., we also suggest that you pause for a short time at the end of each page, so you can think about and digest what you just read or heard, before you move on to the next page!
11. We suggest that you take your time, and not try to rush this process!
12. Your problems and behaviors probably did not develop in a day; give this process time to produce your recovery.
13. If you are working with an R.A. sponsor we suggest that you read or listen by yourself through Section III, and then stop.
14. Your R.A. sponsor will then work with you one-on-one, going through R.A.'s Multilith Big Book paragraph-by-paragraph.
15. We look forward to you joining us on the road to recovery!
Please use R.A.'s Questions and Answers Forum to ask any questions or make any comments about any of this.